Here is a fantastic recipe from the gurus of Crazy Plates! I know lots of people who are not quiche fans, so when I make this I tend not to say the ‘q’ word until after they’ve tasted it – and I always get a look of surprise! It is crustless, which cuts out lots of empty calories. This recipe is super tasty and packed with protein – trust me on this and give it a try!
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup each diced onions and diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups egg whites
- 3/4 c evaporated 2% milk
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 8 oz canned, fresh, or frozen lump crabmeat (drain well)
- 3/4 c shredded, reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1/4 c chopped green onions
1. Spray a large saucepan with non stick spray. Add mushrooms, onions, red pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until veggies are tender, about 6-7 mins. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, milk, parmesan, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in crabmeat, mushroom mixture, cheddar cheese, and green onions. Pour into a 9 inch deep-dish quiche pan or pie plate that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
3. Bake quiche at 350 F for 40-45 mins, until firm to touch. Let stand 10 miuntes before slicing.
Makes 6 servings. Per serving:
- 160 cal
- 5g fat
- 20.1g protein
- 9.5g carbohydrate
- 491 mg sodium