In this video blog, Dr Sue discusses just a few of the many highlights from this week’s Obesity Society meeting in Orlando, Florida.
Some of the highlights include:
1. A focus on learning more about the genetics of obesity;
2. Food Reward: Do differences in how we desire, and how we enjoy, food, affect our risk of weight gain?
3. Lifestyle interventions: a focus on building environments that are conducive to more exercise and healthy eating
4. Medications: nothing new currently, but many interesting possibilities on the horizon…
5. Bariatric surgery: more data on longterm success rates, and novel technologies being studied.
Watch to learn more!
Follow me on Twitter for more tips! drsuepedersen
Follow me on Facebook: drsue.ca