I recently had the honor of chairing our second Canada-wide webinar on COVID-19 and weight management, this time with esteemed panelists and colleagues Dr Kristin Terenzi (family physician, Woodbridge, Ontario), and Dr Shahebina Walji (obesity medicine physician, Calgary). (check out our first webinar here)
This was a webinar open to the general public, and available now for your on-demand viewing pleasure!
- What is the impact of weight-related stigma and bias on people living with overweight or obesity during COVID-19?
- Why is there a risk for heightened stigma and bias during this time?
- Why is it important to seek help for weight management during the coronavirus pandemic?
- How do I start a conversation about weight management with my doctor?
- Is there a ‘best diet’ for weight loss?
- Does intermittent fasting work?
- Does the keto diet work?
- What can we do to manage emotional eating and cravings?
- Can I be prescribed weight management medication during COVID?
- What is the status of bariatric surgery in Canada right now? What support is available for people in pre or post phases of bariatric surgery?
Disclaimer: This webinar was supported by Novo Nordisk.
Share this blog post using your favorite social media link below!
Follow me on twitter! @drsuepedersen
www.drsue.ca © 2020