Straight from the kitchen of my fabulous mother, I am sharing with you the recipe for the muffins I was raised on. Forty years since their inception, and they are still my favorite mid morning snack!
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1/4 cups quick oats
- 3 tbsp egg whites
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon (or more if you like stronger flavor)
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 24 pecan nuts
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together (from bananas to cinnamon).
- Add the blueberries and raisins, and mix gently.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet bowl.
- Line 12 muffin tin with muffin cups and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon the mixture evenly into each.
- Place 2 pecans on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375F for approximately 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins. Per muffin:
- calories: 167
- carbs: 28g
- fat: 5.4g
- protein: 4g
Share this blog post using your favorite social media link below! #bestmuffins
Follow me on twitter! @drsuepedersen
www.drsue.ca © 2021